Beckham says he wants to end his football career with A C Milan

England football star David Beckham has confirmed that he hopes to leave Los Angeles Galaxy and end his career in the sport with the Italian club A C Milan.


The England midfielder is currently on loan with Milan till March 9, and the Italian club is hoping to extend it.

“At the moment my lawyers are not talking to the Galaxy but I have expressed my desire to stay at A C Milan now and it’s just down to Milan and Galaxy to come to an agreement. I have enjoyed my time here. I knew I would enjoy it, but I didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I have and do as well as I have,” The Telegraph quoted Beckham, as saying.

“My intention is to stay there and I hope that the clubs can come to an agreement. I haven’t spoken to the Galaxy yet but someone has. I’ve done all I can. I haven’t spoken to [England manager Fabio Capello] yet but he’s been to see me play at the San Siro and I hope I’m involved when he names the squad for the match against Spain on Saturday,” Beckham added.

“However, that’s not the main reason for me wanting to stay with Milan. They’re one of the biggest clubs in the world and playing with these players has been an incredible experience. It’s even better than I thought it would be. I’ve been welcomed incredibly well and made to feel at home and that’s made me want to stay,” he said.

“It’s amazing but when I arrived at Milan’s training camp in Dubai my body fat index was 13.7 per cent, but when I was tested the other day it was down to 8.5 per cent. Everything I’m doing at the moment is benefiting me.

“Milan wanted to know whether I wanted to stay and they now know the answer. Now, it’s up to the clubs to sort things out. Once there’s an indication that a move is possible the length of the deal will be discussed. The loan agreement I signed is until March so we have got time: it doesn’t need to be rushed. Could I finish my career with Milan? Possibly, yes.”