Adebayors lucky shin pads, tiger tattoo secrets behind his amazing strike record

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor Striker is sure of continuing his amazing goal scoring record against Tottenham, thanks to his lucky shin pads.

Adebayor has scored eight goals in his last seven games against Arsenals fierce north London rivals and he will go through his pre-match ritual to maintain that run tomorrow.

Adebayor, 25, wears shin pads that he has had since he was a youngster, goes to church to pray before every game and even draws inspiration from a tiger tattoo on his shoulder, the Mirror reported.

"I always wear the same shin pads. When I was young I played for Togo and had a friend in Cannes in France. He got a pair of shin pads from adidas and gave me a pair. I used them I scored in Togo," Adebayor said."I always use them now. I lost them a few years ago but I found them again and now I use them every day. I use the ones I love. I believe in these things. I was born in Togo and I had a dream to play for Arsenal and to be the best player in Africa."

"Every time I go on the pitch, I pray and put my life and body into God's hands. Some people go on the pitch and can pass away. I want God to know my life is in his hands. The tattoo is an African thing," Adebayor said.

In Togo we have lots of tigers and in Togo you have to be a tiger - only the strong can survive. "When I had that tattoo, it made me more angry and helped me," he added.